Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Workmanlike Performances

I recently accepted a position at the wireless HiFi company Sonos, so am pulling regular hours again. This means a little less time to blog, but inspired me to look for players who come ready-made for hitching up their overalls and putting in a hard day's work. (All found via B-R's name search.)

2013 Panini America's Pastime, Brandon Workman

My place of work's in Cambridge, just across the river from Boston's baseball club.

1982 Topps #479, Rowland Office

I'm pushing electronic papers, not breaking rocks, and most of it happens in an office.

1922 E120 American Caramel, Walter "Duster" Mails

I send a lot of emails.

Clarence Beers (photo)

The break area does have some beer.

1937-38 Zeenut PCL, Harley Boss

The founders, our company bosses, are on the West Coast. They say I'll be visiting HQ soon enough, and I bet people clamor for it during New England winters.

Enough blogging, back to work!

7 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats on the new position Matt.

Matthew Glidden said...

Thanks, much appreciated! I share an office with a Yankees fan and a Red Sox fan, so give us enough time and the snarking comes out.

Mark Hoyle said...

Congratulations. I do quite a bit of work myself in the Peoples Republic of Cambridge

Matthew Glidden said...

Really, anywhere near Kendall? That's roughly where I've been for upwards of a decade now.

Mark Hoyle said...

I own a construction company. We work all around Cambridge and the surrounding towns. I live in Norton about 45 minutes south.

Mad Guru said...

Congratulations!

Matthew Glidden said...

Mark: very nice, and Cambridge has had a ton of construction recently, Kendall especially.

Guru: Thanks! It's absorbing and exciting so far.